Sunday, January 20, 2008

WIP (Work in Progress)

Since this is sort of a knitting blog as well, here's a peek at some of the WIPs that aren't my children.

I've been playing around with mitered squares lately. Here are some knit with Patons SWS. Someday they may end up as an afghan. Don't know if it will be ugly or just interesting. M.E. has been playing with different layouts. I still have a lot of squares to go and not sure if there will be a border between squares or just around the edges. I debated between stockinet and garter mitered squares and ended up liking the feel of stockinet better. But they are slightly trickier to knit.

The beginnings of a baby sweater for a co-worker of K's. I fell in love with the feel of Berroco Comfort. It's worsted weigh nylon/acrylic. I was looking for something in a nice supper-wash wool but nothing struck my fancy. This pattern was originally written for DK, so the fabric may be too stiff. Plus the yarn is more than a little splitty.
Argh, in looking for a link I noticed that a DK weight is available as well. Didn't see that at the yarn store.

No comments: