Saturday, August 05, 2006

Parade of Finished Objects

I finished several things before we went on our trip and while on it.
First a hat for M.E. to go with her coat. She wanted a plain hat with "that smooth stitch" no cables or anything interesting.

Of course, Nicky thinks it "mine":

Another Chatelaine Shawl in Louisa Harding Kimono Angora. This is my own design based on a pattern from a Barbara Walker Treasury. It's knit from the top down. I wasn't quite sure how to end it, but was trying out short rows and thought it would make a neat shawl to have the points of the pattern diamonds as the edge.



I added beads to the cast-off edge. The edge was just a simple knitted cast-off instead of the knit 2, knit 2 together because I was afraid of running out of yarn, ended up with about 10 yards left.

Next the Hexagon bag. Ages ago, I was playing around with knitting quilt shapes, at the time I didn't know it could be called modular knitting. Each row of hexagons were knit around, not intarsia. It has an i-cord loop closure and a knotted i-cord "button". Knit from three colors of Patons Classic Merino. Only trouble was two different batches of winter white, one felted much better than the other.

Finally, a hat scarf combo out of Elann Peruvian Alpaca based on a pattern from BW's first treasury. Started the scarf sometime last fall, decided to add a hat.

Modeled again by M.E.

2 comments:

jennifergg said...

Hello!

I wanted to tell you about another site, www.vickiforman.com. I think the two of you will have a lot in common!

Been enjoying your blog, keep up the good work!

Dream Mom said...

Very pretty scarf. You are very talented.