- Get housework done earlier in the day. I'm pretty good about making beds, emptying the dishwasher, etc., but it doesn't get done until about 4 p.m. when the kids are home from school. Because the routine work isn't done, special projects don't get started and lots of time is lost goofing on the computer.
- Knit, sew, craft from stash. No more quick trips to Michaels, Joanne's, & the yarn store just to see what's out there. There is probably enough yarn in this house to keep me knitting for the next 10 years.
- Finish or frog UFOs. I've already made a good start on this finishing one afghan in 2009.
- Declutter by recycling, donating, or throwing out one bag every week.
- Eat out less, especially fast food.
- Stick to the budget. We actually have a budget set for this year. It also means keeping up with Quicken, which I've spent the last week getting completely caught up. (Of course, this was a bit depressing looking at IRA & 401K losses from last year.)
- Be more patient with the kids, hubby, & myself.
- Take time to do things I enjoy, like knitting, playing the piano, etc.
- Buy less junk.
- Keep in better touch with old friends and make some new ones. (hmm, an excuse to use Facebook?)
- Finish Nick's potty training.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
2009 Goals or Resolutions
I'm only about 26 or so days late on writing these up, but I have been more or less working on them.