Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2009 Goals or Resolutions

I'm only about 26 or so days late on writing these up, but I have been more or less working on them.
  • Get housework done earlier in the day. I'm pretty good about making beds, emptying the dishwasher, etc., but it doesn't get done until about 4 p.m. when the kids are home from school. Because the routine work isn't done, special projects don't get started and lots of time is lost goofing on the computer.
  • Knit, sew, craft from stash. No more quick trips to Michaels, Joanne's, & the yarn store just to see what's out there. There is probably enough yarn in this house to keep me knitting for the next 10 years.
  • Finish or frog UFOs. I've already made a good start on this finishing one afghan in 2009.
  • Declutter by recycling, donating, or throwing out one bag every week.
  • Eat out less, especially fast food.
  • Stick to the budget. We actually have a budget set for this year. It also means keeping up with Quicken, which I've spent the last week getting completely caught up. (Of course, this was a bit depressing looking at IRA & 401K losses from last year.)
  • Be more patient with the kids, hubby, & myself.
  • Take time to do things I enjoy, like knitting, playing the piano, etc.
  • Buy less junk.
  • Keep in better touch with old friends and make some new ones. (hmm, an excuse to use Facebook?)
  • Finish Nick's potty training.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Hope your resolutions are going better than mine :) Potty training is still on our list too :)