Last Month Nicky Turned 6!
Obviously, Lightning McQueen and Woody are still among his favorites (we should have bought stock in Disney)
What an amazing year it's been:
- Nicky finally put it all together and started walking independently.
- He can now climb up and down stairs holding onto the hand rail and occasionally uses reciprocal steps.
- He is putting together two, three and longer sentences. Some are just words and some are combinations of words and signs.
- He can reliably recognize all of the letters and tell you the sound it makes.
- He can write NICK.
- He can count to 5 and recognize some numbers.
- He is starting to use pronouns correctly, although I do miss "carry you".
- He still loves music but is starting to be a critic of family members' singing.
- He knows how to operate the DVD player and can turn on the tv with a remote.
- He can operate the mouse to play computer games.
- He knows animal signs for a vast number of animals and can make the animal's sound.
- He's getting very good at bossing everyone around and ignoring us when he doesn't want to do something.
- He can throw and kick a ball.
- He's just such a love and a blessing.